Sunday, December 21, 2008

Saturday

Yesterday was a Saturday filled with reunions of all sorts.

Surprise Visit

Christian's friend, Christian, Auntie Lily, Auntie Ching, Kuya Eric

I was actually expecting Debbie and her babysitter when I heard knocks on the door. To my surprise, it was Kuya Eric and Christian, together with Auntie Ching.

Although Auntie Ching is a regular here in our house, I haven't seen the other two for quite a long time. Kuya Eric is my cousin from the US, he was our tour guide when we were there several years ago. He's here on vacation with his wife, and we had fun chatting about photography (really enjoyed playing with his Pentax DSLR), going around the Philippines, and his work in the US (which, like the Philippines, is full of politics).

Christian, on the other hand, is actually my nephew. But since I'm only two years older than him, I consider him as a cousin as well. We practically grew up together, but as we approached adulthood we sort of lost track of one another. We talked about IT stuff, particularly the IT industry. He's now a director in one of the IT companies in Makati (he's been a real computer whiz since high school).

Bilog

Debbie, also known as Bilog

Debbie has a new nickname. It seems like Auntie Lily cannot recall her name, so she calls her Bilog, because of her cute round body. Bilog has really grown so much in just a year.

Oh, yesterday was her dad's birthday as well. Belated happy birthday little brother.

Balikbayans

Dennis, Mac, Burn, Jane, Cess, Shari, Jayson

Cess

Shari

My Saturday was capped off by a reunion with high school friends, with special emphasis on our balikbayans Cess and Shari. They treated us to pizza and pasta, and we had coffee afterwards. If I'm not mistaken, they even had a drinking spree afterwards (I decided to sit this one out).

Shari now lives in Australia and works as a banker, while Cess works in China as an interior designer. It was really nice to see them once again. My attendance was actually a surprise, since I didn't inform them that I'd be coming ahead of time (sorry).

Please check the rest of the pictures here. I'm also looking forward to Burn's photos, hopefully he'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment