Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Roxanne's Birthday (And Some Other Stuff)


It's another one of those weeks where I'm too lazy to update my blog. However, yesterday was one special day that deserves a spot in this online journal. I was supposed to write this last night, but I got home pretty late and my creative juices were just low. Thankfully I was able to post some pictures on Multiply, and I have some time today to write, even though I'm stuck at work.

Yesterday was Roxanne's birthday, it's actually my second time to be with her on her special day. Last year's celebration was pretty simple, just a short prayer at Greenbelt Chapel and a Timex watch as my present.

This year, we were practically together the whole day. We spent the morning wrapping Christmas gifts (I'm not done yet with mine), and we passed by the bank to get some documents, and chat with friends. Fortunately, we were also able to meet up with Jorel, an old friend of mine from my early days with the bank.

Then came the best part of the evening. My birthday gift to her was a dinner at Top of the Citi. No, I didn't misspell the last word, it's really named that way since it's located at the top of Citibank Tower in Makati. It's a bit expensive, but the food and the view is worth it. Ample servings and great taste combined.


And for our final stop, a short prayer at Don Bosco before calling it a day. And it made me happy that Roxanne enjoyed her special day.


---

Now for a little side story:

Personally, I have always wanted to dine at Top of the Citi. I have known of this place for quite some time now, having researched it since I really enjoyed dining at Skyline at the top of Vivere Suites in Alabang, another great restaurant overlooking the city.

There are actually two things that inspired me to plan this special date. One is that two weeks ago, I was able to attend a party with Roxanne at the penthouse of Antel Platinum Tower, a building just across Citibank Tower. The view was just magnificent, Makati at night is really breathtaking. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera that day. Now I always bring my camera (G5) wherever I go. For some reason, the view from Antel is a little better from that of Citibank.

The second thing is that on that same day, the rest of the JETS attended a party at Top of the Citi. Having seen Burn's pictures, I knew I needed to visit that place.

I highly recommend Top of the Citi, the view is just awesome, and the food is superb. Yes it's a bit pricey, but the experience is definitely worth it.

Prior to yesterday, I checked out some links to help me decide if it was all worth it. Here they are:

Menu from munchpunch.com
Review from Yahoo! Travel

---

On photography:

I think I will hold off my plans to buy a new camera body for the meantime. I just realized that I still have a lot to explore, and many things to improve on. So, here's my photography wishlist, hopefully i can buy them one by one soon, or some kind heart would actually give me one as a gift:

Tripod - a lot of my long exposures last night turned out blurry, and my camera almost fell from the 34th floor of Citibank Tower. I think I'll buy one of those inexpensive tripods, since I only plan to use it with my ultra wide.

Flash - it's about time that I learn more about lighting. The onboard flash is really limiting (although I'm still trying to make the most out of it), at the same time I've seen how much a flash can improve one's photos. But if I purchase one, I also have to buy a vertical grip to balance the weight.

Terabyte storage - I'm running out of space, and I really want to experiment with RAW.

So there you go, no new lens or body for now, just save up for these three first.

No comments:

Post a Comment