Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time To Stop Procrastinating

I think Xantino's a better blogger than me.

Almost a month with no activity in my blog. Not that I don't have anything to say, it's just that I felt lazy blogging these past weeks. It seemed like sleeping and reading other blogs were much more fun that updating my own online journal, add to that work and the daily errands that I have to perform.

But of course, I always found time for photography. I've been trying to learn flash photography, and it's not as easy as it seems. Well, thank heavens for E-TTL II for making on camera flash a bit more bearable. But I really want to learn off camera lighting. People like Zach Arias and David Hobby make it seem so easy, yet I'm far from mastering the technique.

I'm also trying to find my own workflow in post processing pictures. Using Canon's Digital Photo Professional software (which comes free with every Canon DSLR), I think I'm on my way to achieving my own style, all I have to do is train my eyes more in correcting skin tones.

I realize that I still have a lot of pictures left unprocessed, some still from my US trip several months ago. I know I'm not really obligated to show these to the world, but what's the fun in photography if you don't share what you've done? It's a form of self gratification, and a way for me to see how my work has improved over the years.

For now, I'll share this: night shots of the Skyway here in Makati. I've always wanted to shoot this, but there's always something that gets in the way (usually the need to sleep, hehehe). Thankfully I had the chance to turn this plan into reality, and hopefully I can repeat this again (best if I do it with friends).

Please see the rest of the pictures here.

So I guess that's it for now. I'll try to post more pictures in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment