Saturday, March 27, 2010

Snow Leopard

Before Snow Leopard.

After Snow Leopard.

Sorry for the long images above (forgot to hide the extra stuff). Just want to show you guys how much space Snow Leopard frees up after installation. In my case, around 12GB.

Snow Leopard isn't just an update, it's a whole new operating system, minus the change in user interface. It's been out since last year, so I'm more of a late bloomer in terms of updating my rig. I don't know why it took me so long to upgrade, considering that for a new OS, it's cheap at PHP1600.

Upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard made me realize how easy it is to maintain Macs. It took me more or less three hours to complete the cycle: one hour to back-up 50GB worth of data, one hour to install the OS itself (just did an upgrade, not a clean install), and another hour to download updates from the web. After updating, everything was the same as how I left them (documents, programs installed, etc).

I'll try to explore the subtle changes provided by this update, and also see if it makes my computing experience a bit snappier. But for now, for the freed up space alone, I recommend the upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment