Monday, March 22, 2010

Roxanne's Confirmation

The Confirmandis.

Roxanne with Tita Gigi (now Ninang).

At seven in the morning yesterday, Roxanne received the Sacrament of Confirmation at the Manila Cathedral. The day before, I tagged along with her during the orientation. I can't believe a lot of things that I've learned in Christian Living back in grade school have escaped me already. It was nice reconnecting with our faith in preparation for our big day in December.

I vaguely remember being confirmed when I was seven years old. I wasn't really aware of what's happening, I was just asked to fall in line and go to the priest. I didn't even know how to respond. I guess that's the reason why these days you have to be twelve years old to be confirmed, to understand it's significance to our being, and to our faith.

Special thanks to Tita Gigi for being Roxanne's sponsor, and to Uncle Rikki for the speedy and timely driving, as well as for the SB-28s (more on that in my next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment