Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random Photo: Perya


Again, another random photo. I was supposed to post some photos I took last weekend, but procrastination got in the way, and I think I can take better photos this coming weekend, since I'm going back to the same place. Anyway, enough of the chitchat.

Just in case you don't know, perya sort of translates to town fair or carnival. Places like this reminds me of my childhood. Back then, it seems like a year wouldn't be complete without a visit to one of these. It may be that small one that popped in the middle of town during fiesta, or the big ones like Star City (where the photo above was taken) and Boom Na Boom (not sure if this place still exists).

These places also remind me of how much I hate carnival rides. I remember when I was seven, I almost cried when I rode the Caterpillar, and I also recall how easy it is for me to get dizzy when trying out other rides. Horror houses and carnival games also give me some sense of nostalgia.

The photo above was taken in 2006, using my 400D and a 50mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment