Friday, March 19, 2010

New Stuff For My MacBook


For a change, I acquired some new stuff for my MacBook.

The first one is Snow Leopard, an new operating system. Think of it as upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7. This one has been long overdue, since Snow Leopard has been available since last year. I'll try to write something about Snow Leopard once I get it up and running, but for now I expect that this would make my computing experience better. Oh, and I heard it helps free up some hard drive space, also looking forward to this one.

The other item is Apple Care. For those not familiar, Apple Care extends the warranty of a specific Apple Product. In this case, I get an extra two years warranty for my MacBook once I decide to activate Apple Care, but this should be done before my current coverage expires (which is sometime around April). It's a bit expensive at PHP12000, but after my 400D fiasco I just know how much the extra coverage can give me peace of mind.

A little tip by the way, especially to those who bought their Apple products outside the country. Make sure to check your current coverage. To my surprise, my warranty ended February instead of April, the month I purchased my MacBook (thank you Sir Albert of Infosoft for helping me with that inquiry). So always keep your receipt, and check your warranty via Apple's Self Help Site.

Both items above are available at most authorized resellers in the Philippines. I got mine from Digital Hub, with a discount thanks to my PhilMUG membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment