Saturday, June 13, 2009

USA Tour: Stanford University

I love a campus where you can go around on a bicycle.

I love visiting Stanford University. There was a point in my life where I dreamed of matriculating in this institution.

The entrance to the Main Quad.

Stanford University is located in Palo Alto, California, also known as Silicon Valley. Not surprisingly, a number of companies in Silicon Valley were founded by Stanford alumni. The campus is huge, with lots of landmarks and artwork. A lot of students and faculty go around the campus by bike, and parking is also abundant for those with motor vehicles. If you think the University of the Philippines is huge, the land occupied by Stanford will make you think again. Asides from the campus itself, Stanford's property also includes several housing facilities, a high end medical facility, museums, a mall (wow), and acres of land used for scientific and agricultural research.

Stanford Memorial Chapel. Sadly I haven't been inside.

It's not my first time to visit Stanford, but the latest visit is more memorable. Maybe it's because I got to take more pictures, or maybe it's because of the stories of Tita Tess (her husband now works here). It's so nice to stroll around Stanford, there's so much to see. Heck, we even saw squirrels playing in a tree near the parking lot. And the people, you can feel an aura that there's something special about Stanford.

Burghers of Calais, one of several artwork by Auguste Rodin scattered around campus. Thanks to Wikipedia for this information (as well as others written here).

Hoover Tower reminds me of the UP Carillon.

Playful squirrel.

Mom and Tita Tess relaxing at Stanford Mall.

For more pictures, please visit my Stanford gallery here. Hopefully I can post another set from my US trip soon.

Stanford University's official website
Stanford University's Wikipedia entry

No comments:

Post a Comment