Saturday, June 20, 2009

USA Tour: Fisherman's Wharf


When in San Francisco, one cannot miss Fisherman's Wharf. This is where I got my infamous polarizer, but asides from photo stalls there are so many things to see and do here.

Alcatraz.

For starters, have some clam chowder (or any chowder variant) while here. We had our share of this creamy delicacy at Blue Mermaid. So good.

Railway to nowhere.

And there are tons of souvenir shops, along side photography stores. I got myself some magnets and table displays, and if you look around you might find something suited for you.

No poop, thank goodness!

Oh, and there's so much to see and photograph at the wharf. I have never seen so many birds mingling with people, as if they're used to having us around. I even saw one poop while flying, which is gross but awesome at the same time. Street performers are also a common scene here, each with his or her own unique gimmick. Too bad I never got to experience everything the wharf has to offer. No Alcatraz tours, not much museum visits, and too bad I missed those sea lions along Pier 39. Well, I guess I have to add them to my itinerary next time (hopefully).

You got to love self cleaning toilets. Cheers.

So that's about it for now. Please visit my gallery here for more photos. By the way, the last photo was taken on a different day.



No comments:

Post a Comment