Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank You Canon Service Center

Test photo from my newly repaired camera.

Although my 400D may require more testing, I guess so far Canon Service Center in Makati deserves a kudos for bringing my camera back to life. I brought it there last Tuesday after that Error 99 scare, and I was told that it may take them fourteen days to diagnose and repair my camera. I called this morning to inquire about its status, and to my surprise, it's ready for pickup. No parts were replaced, only some general cleaning and a firmware update. It didn't cost me much either.

This is one of the reasons why I love Canon: top notch after sales support here in the Philippines. I even learned (or should I say confirmed) some things from the service center, like lenses bought from outside the Philippines (select countries only, I think) are covered by warranty here. And that sensor cleaning service is free for under warranty units. Cool. In addition, the staff are very accommodating.

So now I wish I could give my 400D some real world tests to safely say everything is okay. And in the near future, my G5 would be next in line for repairs. I already got a quote so I'm budgeting that already. Thanks again Canon Service Center.

For more information, visit the CMPI website.

No comments:

Post a Comment