Monday, May 4, 2009

USA Tour: Hoover Dam And Grand Canyon

Ethnic art found at a nearby souvenir shop.

Okay, some things first. It's taking me some time to post my pictures. And since I'm returning to work in a few hours, I don't know when I'll be able to post the rest. So I'll do this little by little, in a non-chronological manner (i.e. depends on my mood).

When visiting Las Vegas, it would be a shame not to see some of America's marvels. The Hoover Dam, for example, is just around an hour or two away from the main strip, and would make a good day trip if you find the Grand Canyon too far (it's around five to six hours away, depending on your package). It's a man made marvel that generates much needed electricity for some parts of the United States. It also serves as a border between Nevada and Arizona.

We only stopped at Hoover Dam twice for a couple of minutes, so I never got to explore more of this national landmark.

Please, keep your coins in your pocket.

The Grand Canyon, however, is one of nature's greatest gifts. It is truly majestic, a place one must see in his or her lifetime. Yes, it's just a big hole in the ground, but once you're there it's a different experience.


Views from the southern rim.

Actually, there are several rims that offer a view of the Grand Canyon, We went by the southern rim (where the temperature is cooler), but I think the western rim offers a better view. I guess I say this because a lot of pictures I see in books didn't manifest while we were there. But don't take this the wrong way, the view is still spectacular.

Hoover Dam at night.

Oh, and if you're lucky, you may be able to spot a condor or two flying. I think I actually saw one, no pictures to prove it though.

So there you go. You can see the rest of the pictures here. I hope you guys tune in for more photos from our trip to the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment