Monday, April 27, 2009

Posting From The Land Of The Free 3.0

My new toy, and I'm still trying to figure it out.

If you asked me ten years ago, I would never have considered an Apple computer. Probably it's because back then, the only advantage Macs offer is that it's virus free (for me, a former gamer and hardware freak, at least).

But now I feel I'm going to eat my own words. Yesterday, I bought my first Mac, a 2.4Ghz
MacBook. I actually wanted a MacBook Pro, but I couldn't justify the $400 difference for a first timer like me.

I'm not making a total switch, at work I will still use Windows. Nor am I complaining about Windows, which is why a lot people shift. I just want to try something new and see if it will simplify the way I process photos (and most of my computing needs). And thanks to the new Intel-based Macs, I can run Windows anytime.

So far, I'm enjoying my new machine. But I still can't figure out how to backup my pictures from iPhoto. When I get back home, I will install all the utilities that came with my DSLR, but for now, iPhoto is my only resource (and Google).

By the way, a big thanks to two of my aunts. My Tita Nery for driving us the whole day yesterday, and to Tita Tess, for the base pass. I actually got my unit from an air force base here in Northern California, which means it's tax free.

---

That swine flu thing is scary, especially that it's flu season here in the US. It's quite cold here in Fremont, and it's a lot colder back in San Francisco. Not that I miss Manila's hot and humid climate, but a little heat is very much welcome.

---

And I seem to be behind what's happening back home. Thankfully we chanced upon The Filipino Channel (TFC), and The Philippine Star is also a big help in updating us.

Now it's time for me to explore Fremont a little bit more. See you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment