Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Game Versus NU And Saturday Traffic

I have a week-long training that starts tomorrow, so I will keep this short. I was able to watch the game yesterday between La Salle and National University. Except for the first quarter, the Green Archers were in control of the game, with a final score of 93-69. Everybody in the team got a chance to play, some of the rookies even contributed major points to the cause.

It's my second attempt at basketball photography, and I can't say that this set is better than my previous try. Traffic was bad (more on that later), but at least I made it just in time. Too bad ringside tickets were sold out, so I had to settle for lower box ones. With that said, I had to use my telephoto lens, and sacrifice by using a maximum aperture of f4, which caused a lot of blurred shots. Plus from my angle, it was harder to compose since heads were popping everywhere, it was such a cropping nightmare. I also had the wrong white balance setting, thank God Photoshop's Auto Levels saved me.

I hope I can try this again soon, and improve on my mistakes. Maybe on Saturday against the University of the Philippines. By the way, please click here to view the whole gallery.

---

Speaking of traffic, I really hate Saturday traffic. It's often much worse than traffic on a work day. It usually adds an hour to my travel time, thanks to 18-wheeler trucks coming from the port area, add to that families and barkadas going to the mall.

1 comment:

  1. nice shots huh! parang pro ka na pare. =) saka yung mga terms ko ha, jargon na. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete