Sunday, April 13, 2008

De La Salle University

I always wanted to go back to school to try out my ultra wide lens. Last Friday, this chance became a reality.

YUCHENGCO HALL: The St. Athanasius Gym used to be here. Construction was still ongoing when I left campus.

I had a client call near La Salle that day, and what better way to spend my lunch break than to visit the school. The summer heat was on, but the bright midnoon sun provided a nice effect, combined with a polarizer. I was expecting a campus devoid of people, only to realize that it was still final exam week.

MOST BLESSED SACRAMENT CHAPEL: Said to be the most haunted place in campus.

It felt nice going around campus, taking pictures and reminiscing old times (and at times, exploring new areas). There have been many changes since I graduated in 2001: new buildings, WiFi around campus, more laptop toting students left and right. But the same feeling of pride for the green and white still resides.

I USED TO ROAM THESE HALLS: One of the hallways of Gokongwei Hall, with students taking their final exams inside the classrooms. This building used to be my second home for almost five years.

In my two hours of loitering around campus, I was able to visit Brother Andrew Hall, a building that didn't exist during my time. This building is also said to be the tallest academic structure here in the Philippines. Too bad the chapel was locked, since this was my point of interest in this building.

THE FUTURE BEGINS HERE: Lobby of Brother Andrew Hall that leads to the new Admissions Office.

As I was about to end my tour, I climbed upon Saint Joseph Hall, originally wanting to take pictures of the eerie hallways that it housed. Instead, I was drawn to the view outside William Hall (connected by a bridge from SJ). It was a view of reality: poverty just around the corner. I hope one day I can be a part of any solution to this concern.

REALITY AT LA SALLE'S BACKYARD: View of the shanty houses from William Hall.

So that was my tour of De La Salle University. I hope I can visit the campus again soon, and take more pictures. For more pictures of my ultra wide escapade, click here. You can also check the following links:

1 comment:

  1. Your last picture is not unusual. I suggest if you could able to take pictures at different location, say, from Agno to DLSU, your pictures would capture the reality that most of us, Lasallian, do not often see.

    ReplyDelete