Sunday, March 23, 2008

Black Saturday At Rockwell

An empty bank on Black Saturday

The provinces are packed with tourists during the Lenten break. So to avoid the crowd seeking for cooler grounds, Roxanne and I decided to just spend the Holy Week here in the Metro, After spending Thursday and Friday visiting churches and watching religious events, our Saturday itinerary was a bit more relaxed.

Roxanne, Mom, and Tita Alpha

We had to make a quick stop at the bank (one of the ATMs were reported offline) before heading to Metro Club near Rockwell in Makati. There, Mom and Tita Alpha were already waiting for us. We had Spanish Chicken and Bistek Tagalog for lunch, and Mom showed me the Sony digicam my uncle was selling to her. We also got to tour the neaby pools were my cousins were swimming, as well as the demo unit of the lofts they had for sale.

Roxanne and the author

We then had a short drive to the neaby Rockwell Club, were I got to use my not-so-new ultra wide angle lens. I bought this lens, a Canon EF-S 10-22, last year, but this was the first time that I had the chance to fully utilize it. All the shots in this post were from this lens (and my trusty 400D). We had fun taking pictures of the palce and ourselves.

Roxanne in ultra wide

Our final stop was the Powerplant Mall besides Rockwell Club. We had coffee at Seattle's Best (I still prefer Starbucks though) and spent the rest of the afternoon reading magazines.

Rockwell Club's swimming pool

That was our Balck Saturday experience. Happy Easter to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment