Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hodgepodge

One tiring week. That's how I describe the past few days, and I'm not even sure why. Apart from celebrating my birthday last Thursday, I can't think of anything that makes this week different.

So instead of creating individual posts, I guess for now I'll combine everything in just one writeup. It's like combining my stories for the week.

"Shuttered" Vision

Shutter shades. I just don't get them. Mom brought home some from Singapore, and I can't believe I actually tried to wear one. Mom actually gave Roxanne a red pair.

Grandma, mom, and Roxanne wearing shutter shades.

Asides the weird eye wear, mom also got us some pasalubong. Mine were a nifty Casio G-Shock Gulfman and a new camera/laptop backpack.


By the way, the pictures above were taken from Solihiya in Greenbelt 5 last Monday. Solihiya is a restaurant that serves Filipino cuisine. Besides the great food, you also get excellent service and a great view of Greenbelt 3.


This one on the other hand was taken outside Greenbelt 5.

Car Trouble

The auxiliary fan of my car went kaput, and thankfully I had some time to have it repaired last Tuesday. Thanks to the guys at L.E. Gallego Auto Parts for taking time to repair my car (although it was quite expensive since they had to replace the fan). So in case you're in the Blumentritt area in Manila and are having some car trouble, check them out.

I would also like to thank Mandy' Car Wash and Auto Detailing, located a few blocks away from L.E. Gallego. Not only did they fix my bumper, they also did a great job of cleaning my car. I have never seen an engine that clean, and my engine was really dirty to begin with.

Fiery Birthday

My birthday was the usual. I went to work and had a little drink in the evening. What makes it memorable is what happened a few moments after midnight.


As you can see, those are firetrucks. Yes, a fire broke out in our area, thankfully it wasn't near, but the sight of firetrucks piling up in front of our house was enough to give us some scare.


Sorry for the grainy pictures, they were taken with a phone camera.

Mall of Asia

We never get tired of SM Mall of Asia. I was supposed to meet up with the JETS, but they left a bit early, probably exhausted from joining the International Coastal Cleanup Day. I wanted to join them on this one, but I had some conflict with my schedule (which didn't materialize anyway, too bad).

Mall of Asia's silent observer.

So instead Roxanne and I just enjoyed the ongoing sale. We also chanced up on KC Concepcion, who was promoting her new album.


Another Loss

Rabeh Al-Hussaini of Ateneo is just insanely good. La Salle lost for the third time to bitter rival Ateneo this year, and if they don't win on Thursday, the blue side of things will get the crown.

Ateneo really has the edge this season. As they say, the guy with the biggest stick usually wins. Having Rabeh in the Blue Eagles' roster is like that, with spikes to boot. I hope La Salle's big men can boost their confidence come Game Two.

I guess all I have to do is keep the faith. Animo La Salle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment