Friday, February 5, 2010

Thanks Bro!

Learn more about the show here and here.

I just finished watching the final episode of May Bukas Pa, and this is probably one of the best endings I've ever seen. The feeling is comparable to what I have whenever I watch the series finale of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I credit my Aunt Lily for influencing me to watch telenovelas, especially those from ABS-CBN. Over the years though I think these shows have become formulaic, but ABS-CBN got this one spot on.

May Bukas Pa isn't the typical fantasy/action/romance series. It's an inspirational piece that spanned for over a year, and more importantly, it made Bro a household name. The only thing I didn't care for: overacting extras.


For Sky Broadband and Bayan DSL subscribers, you may want to subscribe to iWantv to catch up with Santino and Bro. Only works with Windows though (bummer).

No comments:

Post a Comment