Saturday, February 27, 2010

Random Photo: Unwanted Visitor


March 2005. We were in Baguio to help out in organizing a sales conference. I was helping my officemate Ronivi with some game rules for the following day's event. It was past ten in the morning, and the breakfast buffet table was about to close. As a waiter went around ringing a bell for a "final call", Ronivi had to leave for a while and told me...

"If they try to clean this up, tell them I'm not done yet."

...or something like that.

While he was away, a bird landed on a nearby chair. Since we were in Baguio Country Club, near the golf course, birds (as well as other flying critters) were common sight. The bird then hopped to Ronivi's unfinished meal (consisted of rice and bacon) and started munching on it. I then took my Canon Powershot G5 and tried to take a picture of the bird, and surprisingly, it posed for a second before flying away.

When Ronivi returned to his seat, this conversation happened (well, sort of):

Me: Don't touch that part, a bird flew in and took a munch.
Ronivi: Are you sure?
Me: Yeah, I took pictures of it, as proof.
Ronivi: What kind of friend are you? Instead of shooing the bird, you took pictures of it!
Me: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense, but it was nice reminiscing the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment