Sunday, July 11, 2010

That Rubber Thingie Underneath My MacBook...


This happened a few months ago...


...then this one just now.

Not really sure what they're called, the rubber footing beneath my MacBook fell off, the first one a few months back, the latter just before writing this. The first one was actually worse, since the base got brittle, almost disintegrating. I assumed it was because of the intense heat, oftentimes I'll leave my MacBook running for hours without proper ventilation. Not sure if the recent misfortune is the same, since the base is still intact, and the glue that used to hold it is still moist.

I guess this isn't covered by warranty, unless it fell off the day you got it from the store, so this is what I did...


...and now it's as good as new (hopefully).


Not so sure if I'm the only victim of this one though. Hopefully this won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment