Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Challenges Ahead

Electronic Banking, early 2009.

After almost six years with my department, Electronic Banking, it's time for me to take a new challenge. Not only did it come as a surprise, it was also short notice, I mean very short.

Last Tuesday, I learned that I was a candidate for the bank's LEAD Program, which is an accelerated program for developing future managers and executives. I attended the assessment session last Thursday, which consisted of time pressured exercises and presentations. Luckily, I made it to the top five, and by Monday, I have to say goodbye to my unit.

I love Electronic Banking, here I had some of the best experiences in the bank, and here I met some of my closest friends. But this program is for my own good, and there's no other direction to go but forward. Electronic Banking will always be a part of who I am.

So for the next three years, I will be rotated to different units of the bank and attending classroom trainings, until such time I can sell/present myself as an effective leader. Tough, but I know I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment