Thursday, April 8, 2010

iPhone OS 4

Learn more about Apple's new mobile operating system here.

Being an iPod Touch 2nd Generation owner, and with my iPhone reservation from Globe in the works, this news excites me. I think this bridges the gap between the Apple and its competitors. Some new features include:

- multitasking;
- customizable home screen;
- folders for apps (which increases the app limit from 180 to 2160);
- iBooks;
- integrated Mail app (good for those with multiple email accounts);
- iAd (which brings rich ad content, and could help lessen the price of apps and other content);
- and many others.

I'm ecstatic about the folders update, since I hate deleting apps from my iPod Touch every now and then. It's too bad though that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of multitasking, since this requires a 3rd Generation iPod Touch, but I guess multitasking is more critical for iPhone owners, it's a hassle to quit an app just to answer a call.

Now the question is, should I proceed with my iPhone 3G S reservation, or just be patient and wait for new hardware by June/July? Ah, the wait is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment