Monday, August 10, 2009

President Cory's Funeral




I'm lost for words. I had all these words in my mind prior to writing this, I guess all I can say is that I was in the right place, at the right time, to witness history in the making.

I have never seen so much people gather around the streets, just to say farewell to President Cory. It was a sea of people wearing yellow and flashing "L" for Laban, some even came with funny signs (see first picture). But the spirit was there, the spirit that for a brief period united us as Filipinos.

The pictures above were taken during her long funeral procession along South Super Highway in Makati. I managed to get a few decent shots with limited gear (just an ultra wide lens) and fatigue from standing for more two and a half hours. You can see the rest of the shots here.

Again, thank you and farewell President Cory.

No comments:

Post a Comment