Saturday, August 29, 2009

On Green Archers Losing Streak: Trying To Keep The Faith

I never liked basketball growing up, I never cared for the sport. But that all changed in 1997, the year I entered La Salle for college, and got a taste of the Animo for the first time.

I wondered what the big deal was with the Green Archers back then, they were bridesmaids to UST for four years. But even with that fact, one can't deny that La Salle has always been a contender. Watching even on TV gives you that sense of pride, especially when your team is winning. I consider myself lucky, that in my five years in La Salle I have witnessed four championships.

For me, 2006 was a dark year, seeing all the other teams compete while La Salle was suspended. I never realized that 2009 would have almost the same effect, seeing the Green Archers lose their games left and right.

A five game losing streak. Scoring less than 50 points in a game. The big possibility of not making it to the Final Four. These are the things that haunts every fan, and possibly the team itself. But is it time to throw the towel and look forward to next season?

I guess not. Although the team no longer controls its destiny, making it to the Final Four is still a possibility. I am never an expert in basketball, so I will not mention anything related to stats and performances and lapses. All I'll do is keep my faith in La Salle, win or lose.

There are still three games left for our team. Let's keep the faith.

Animo La Salle.

No comments:

Post a Comment