Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Samaritans

I guess I need some bad luck and some good old bayanihan to have something to post.

I've been driving for some years now, and it's the first time one of my tires went flat while on the road. Worse, it was the front tire. It started with a thumping sound, and after several meters my steering wheel became unresponsive. Good thing I was able to park it along the side of the road.

I tried my best to remove the tire, apparently I suck at it. I was able to lift the vehicle off the ground, but I couldn't remove the lug nuts holding the tires. Add to that the terrible summer heat. But thankfully someone from the nearby newspaper stall helped me in changing my tires, and another passerby in his bike (along with his kid) helped me secure my busted tire at the back. Too bad I never got their names, but I'm really thankful for them, and hopefully I can emulate their kindness in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment