Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back From Baguio

The view from Hotel Veniz. This was taken on our last day when the weather was a bit better.

We actually got back from Baguio last Wednesday, and up to now I'm still drained from our adventure. I'm still contemplating if I should post a detailed chronicle of our Baguio escapade, or just settle for a condensed version of our trip. And I also have almost 400 pictures from the trip, but only a fraction of it will be available online.

To summarize our Baguio adventure, it was a blast, although it was raining for the most part. We arrived Sunday afternoon, and the sky was already gloomy (plus fog was apparent as we were approaching the city). We just used the afternoon to make-up for lost sleep, and enjoy the comforts of our hotel room.

Come Monday, the weather was worse. We still decided to go out, since our original plan was to go back to Manila by Tuesday. Upon arriving at Mines View Park, we were really disappointed, because it was really foggy, the view was nonexistent. We then proceeded to Wright Park, were things got worse when I slipped and banged my foot hard. Not only did it force me to buy a new pair of pants, but it left me in sick bay for the whole afternoon. I could barely walk a few hours after that crash, and I had fears that I may have a hard time going home. In addition, Roxanne also had a headache that afternoon, so like our first day in Baguio, we spent the rest of the afternoon in our hotel room. By the way, this was the exact day of our anniversary.

By some stroke of luck, the weather has improved a bit by Tuesday. It was still raining, but not as bad as the previous days. Plus thanks to some Salonpas, the pain in my foot subsided (although I was still limping throughout the day). We decided to extend our stay for one more day, and leave our fate to mother nature. We were able to cover more ground that day, and go to most of the places that were on our itinerary. We even had a return trip to Mines View Park, were the view was better than the previous day. This was the best day of our vacation.

By Wednesday, the weather was, well, great. It was sunny, with a gentle breeze of cool air. Unfortunately, we had to go home that day, so we maximized the morning before checking out of the hotel. We also had our breakfast at Cafe By The Ruins, and I can say it's probably my best breakfast experience for quite some time now. And that concludes our Baguio adventure.

I never missed Manila when I was there. For some reason, I feel at home with Baguio. I don't feel this way for any other place I've been to. I'm really looking forward to my next visit there.

I'm thankful too that I still have three more days to rest. I'll probably use this time to organize and post our pictures from the trip. But for now, I have to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment