Monday, May 19, 2008

JETS

Enchanted Kingdom circa 2006

No, I'm not talking about the football team from New York. I'm referring to my long time friends, namely Tim, Mac, and Burn. There's actually a story as to why our group is named that way. You can check it out by visiting Burn's blog entry, which is probably my inspiration to write this piece. Now, here is my version.

Tim

Don't let the flower fool you. He's as straight as a ruler. It just shows his on camera funny side. But outside the frame, he's one of the most mature persons I know. Weird, but mature. I often come to him first when I need advice on the deeper meaning of life. Well that's a bit overboard, but you get the picture. Being an architect, he's passionate about saving our cultural heritage, something I have in common as a photo enthusiast. This guy is definitely one of my best buddies.

Mac

Bobo the Wiseman. Known for being booksmart but giving pointless remarks. I'm just kidding. This guy is an avid traveler, often seeking new adventures, especially now that he has a Nikon D80 (check out his gallery here). Back in grade school, I picked up my first set of green jokes from him. But apart from all that, he's one cool friend, and contributes a lot to the fun factor of the group.

By the way, to all ladies out there, Mac is still available.

Burn

Unlike the other two, I only started to know this guy in highschool, but that doesn't matter anyway. Like the name of our group, his nickname (a far cry from his real name Engelbert) also has a story, and I always forget how that story goes. Burn is so many things to our group. He's our official driver (give him Red Bull and he can drive 10 hours straight), our party/vacation organizer (but lately he keeps disappearing from the events that he starts), and our tech adviser (Mac and I are IT professionals, but give this guy Internet access and the rest is history). He's also an avid basketball fan. But most importantly, he's a really good friend to all of us.

Anyway, I hope my friends appreciate this tribute to them. It's late and I need to sleep. Looking forward to our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment