Wednesday, February 6, 2008

PhotoWorld 2008 Experience

For some reason, I didn't enjoy this year's event as compared to the previous ones. Maybe it's because I bought so much gear last year. Or maybe I missed some of the fun events (like the cosplay held over the weekend).

It's also weird that Sony didn't have a booth. Even though I use Canon, I always look forward to seeing what Sony has in store for us. Last year, I got to try out their Alpha 100 DSLR. Sweet.

Anyway, there were still some bright spots during the weeklong event. I got to see the latest bags from Kata, Lowepro and Tamrac (man, I love the CompuRover AW, too bad it's expensive). I also got to try out the EOS 5D from Canon, as well as the new EOS 40D.

My friend Gelsen was able to buy a Stofen for his pop-up flash during the event. It's really handy, but right now I'd rather save for a real speedlight. To each his own, I guess. Photo below shows the Stofen attached to his Nikon D40.

No comments:

Post a Comment